Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much are your cakes?
Because our cakes are priced individually by the complexity of the design, we do not have a standard price list. Factors that affect cake prices are the detail pieces involved, complexity of the design and man-hours required.
How do I order a cake?
You can either phone or email us. We’ll call or email you back within 24 hours.
How far in advance should I place a cake order?
We prefer to have orders received a minumum of two (2) weeks in advance but there are exceptions. Email or call us and we can discuss what you need.
What is a 3D cake?
3-Dimensional or 3D cakes are one-of-a-kind creations morphed from flour, flavorings, sugar, butter and eggs into whatever you want it to look like on the outside. Inside, is a super delicious cake. Everything is 100% edible--one reason we are different. Each cake is a labor intensive work of art, making it the most awesome personal cake you can get. You imagine it; we create it into a cake.
Do you offer cake tastings?
Yes, we offer tastings by appointment only. A $30 fee is charged up front and will be credited back to you if the cake is purchased.
What is fondant and how does it differ from buttercream?
Buttercream is creamy and is a more traditional icing. Fondant is a versatile sugar-based cake covering that can be textured or left smooth, tinted or painted. A cake covered in fondant is smoother, and generally has a more refined appearance than buttercream, that’s why we use it so often.
Remember that a cake covered in fondant usually has buttercream underneath–so you get the best of both worlds!
What information do I need to place an order?
- Date of your event
- Occasion (wedding, birthday, holiday party, etc)
- Location and delivery time
- How many people should the cake feed
- Contact phone number (day/cell)
- Email address
- Flavors you’d like for your cake/filling
- Idea for your design - Take a look at our cake gallery for some inspiration. (If you don’t see what you’re looking for, a good place to start is the CakeCentral.com gallery or Google images, we can most likely reproduce it for you.)
What is your payment policy?
- A 30% non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your order and date of delivery. Your date is not confirmed until the 30% deposit has been made. If you are paying by check, your order will not be confirmed until the check has cleared and a contract is signed. The remainder (70%) is due at least two weeks in advance of your event (if paying by check, 3 weeks is required).
- Payment may be made by check, money order, PayPal or cash.
- Orders placed with less than two weeks notice require payment in full.
- There will be no refunds on orders canceled within 5 business days of an event.
Do you deliver?
Yes, delivery is available. We deliver up 5 - 6 hours from our location in Fort Lauderdale. If your cake requires assembly delivery prices will be worked into the charge for the cake at a discounted rate.
Longer deliveries are sometimes arranged but are on a case-by-case basis.
Do you ship your cakes?
Due to the nature of our cakes, we do not send cakes via air or courier
Do you make ‘dummy’ cakes (for display)?
Yes we can make 'runway' cakes. However, because we charge by the amount of time and detail that goes into making a cake, the cost will be same as a real cake.